DIY Decorated Mixer

March 25, 2016

First, let me say that this was not my idea. I tell you this because what you are about to see is nothing short of amazing and I just can't take the credit for it. 

Friends. LOOK at my mixer!!!! Isn't it ADORABLE!?!? I kid you not, an hour ago that thing was functional, but it was boring and white and blah and just not at all something I would want to leave sitting out on my counter, but NOW??? Now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick flowers in the mixing bowl and turn it into a centerpiece for our dining room table because this baby BEGS to be on display!


I know right? It's incredible and I found the idea here while sifting through the endless list of "things I can do with my Silhouette Cameo instead of just making T-Shirts". Kayla, of "Kayla Makes", is on the Silhouette Design Team and she gives an amazing step by step tutorial for this project, so I'm not going to do more work than I have to and repeat things here just for the sake of repeating them. However, I am going to make a few suggestions for those of you who don't have an electronic cutting machine like the Silhouette or Cricut because I really think that although those tools make things marginally easier, you can definitely get a similar look without one!

  • I used printable vinyl for the decals which I picked up off of Amazon for less than I was able to find it at any of my local craft supply stores {this stuff is amazing, more on that later!}.
  • For the images, just do a google image search for whatever it is you want to use to decorate your mixer. Flowers not your thing? Great! There are literally billions of choices at your fingertips! Keep in mind that if you are going to be cutting the images out with scissors you might not want to choose a super intricate design, the simpler the better!
  • Arrange the images of your choice in a word document or in Photoshop or a similar program and then simply print using your inkjet printer straight onto the printable vinyl.
  • Cut out your images, peel off of the backing and decorate to your heart's content. If you don't like how something looks, just peel the decal off and re-position.
  • Note: the printable vinyl is not waterproof, so I will likely cover my decals with a thin coat of Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge so that I can wipe the mixer off as needed.
  • Need help? Email me or DM me on Instagram, I'd be happy to help you out!
The possibilities for this project are pretty much endless. If you decide to decorate your mixer, take a photo and tag me @makinghappy on Instagram because I would LOVE to see your work! Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts